- Fig Garden Village- $150k +
- Old Fig Garden $300k +
- The Bluff's in NW Fresno $190+
- Justin Pointe - $200+
- Sageberry at Copper River- $200k +
- River's Edge - $200+
- Chestnut Grove - $200+
- The Dominion- $275k +
- Terrabella at Copper River - $275+
Subscribe to Articles
Search This Site
Fresno Real Estate News
Fresno Real Estate News Category
March 1st, 2012
Home Buying: The Starbucks Method
It is no secret that Starbucks Coffee is an American institution and cultural staple. Did you also know that by visiting a Starbucks you will know whether that community might be a good place to buy your next home? A local Starbucks can tell you a lot about a community, even if you don’t like coffee, you will get a feel for who your neighbors will be. A Starbucks tells you who works nearby during the week, as well as who lives in the general area.
Now, of course if you live in a rural community or somewhere there is not a Starbucks Coffee nearby (I’m really sorry!), you will have to do a little more research. I suggest visiting the nearest “watering hole” – local grocery store, gas station, church or community center. Virtually all communities have some sort of gathering place. Find out what it is and just visit.
Use the Starbucks Store Finder to get started and then let us know what areas and neighborhoods you like best and we will send you a list of homes for sale in that area! We will even buy you a cup of coffee at the Starbucks of your choice if you would like to get together to chat about real estate and the home buying process. Check out our Best Places to Live In Fresno list and request a list of homes today!
Fill out the form below for a FREE list of Fresno Foreclosure homes for sale.
We never sell or give out your contact information.
February 25th, 2012
Top Story’s In Real Estate from Fresno Real Estate
Local Real Estate News
Fresno Downtown Open House - News Blog – Exciting stuff for those who believe in downtown revitalization, like me. It is exciting to see local investors making good on promises and going above and beyond.
The Truth About Your Fresno Home’s Values – Fresno Real Estate Blog – Seems to be a lot of questions these days about the value of Fresno homes. Are they in decline or steady? What can we expect for the future?
Fresno housing affordability still remains high – Fresno Bee - There has not been much positive news regarding housing, with the exception of interest rates and affordability for buyers. It’s a great time to be a home buyer in Fresno.
National Real Estate News
Existing-home sales post third gain in 4 months – Inman News
Why the Federal Reserve can’t fix housing – CNN Money
The Tax Benefits of Refinancing – WSJ/Smart Money
Join us online to continue the discussion and for up to date information on the Fresno Real Estate market.
Fresno Real Estate on Google+
FRE and Clovis North Homes on Facebook
February 21st, 2012
Houses for sale at Copper River Ranch
Copper River Ranch foreclosures are rare, but when you are able to find them you have found a hidden gem. In fact, there has only been one foreclosure home that has sold in 2011. You might wonder, why even search for a foreclosure in this area? Since this is a newer community the foreclosure rate will most likely increase over the next few years. Foreclosures accounted for nearly 40% of all homes sales this past month in Fresno County. Some Fresno foreclosures are selling at up to 50% less than comparable Fresno homes. Talk about a bargain. If you’re interested in narrowing your search for a Copper River Ranch homes here are some suggestions on how to buy a Copper River Ranch home or Foreclosure. Read why we think you will love living at Copper River Ranch.
1. Find Copper River Ranch listings – This is the easy part. All you need to do is let us know we’ll send you a current list of ALL Copper River Ranch homes for sale as well as Copper River Ranch Foreclosures. Request list below!
2. Work with a specialized agent – A Realtor who specializes in Copper River Ranch and Copper River Ranch foreclosures is not only a time saver, but a necessity these days. They will guide you through the process, help you find the best properties, tip you off to the various issues, challenges, and risks, and do the ins-and-outs along the way, from researching property title documents to recommending reputable inspectors and contractors.
3. Understand your buying options – The safest way to buy a foreclosed property is to buy it back from the bank (bank foreclosed properties are also called real estate owned, or REOs). That’s because you can inspect the home before you buy it, and you can finance the purchase with a mortgage. Furthermore, when a bank takes back a home, it will clear any outstanding liens.
4. Budget for repairs/renovations – Don’t underestimate the amount of work that may be needed to restore the home to a “livable” condition as these residences are sold “as is.” A good rule of thumb is to can factor in 10% for updates and repairs on any Fresno foreclosure purchase. Not all Fresno foreclosures require that much money for repairs, which may be more true for homes in the Copper River Ranch area.
5. Make an appropriate offer – Make sure you’ve done your homework, taking into consideration not only the price, but also the condition of the property, and the surrounding neighborhood. Ideally, you want to find a foreclosure in a Fresno neighborhood that doesn’t have very many of them, like Copper River Ranch. Also, you have to be pre-approved before you can submit an offer (banks won’t consider offers without a pre-approval letter).
Free List of Copper River Ranch Homes!
For a FREE list of Copper River Ranch homes (including foreclosures) sent right to your email box, just fill out the form below. Or if you are a Copper River Ranch home owner, Click Here to find out the value of your Copper River Ranch home.
We never sell or give out your information.
February 19th, 2012
Fresno Real Estate is on Google+
Google+ is fast becoming one of the world’s favorite social media connecting points. Google+ keeps with the simplicity Google is known for, while adding unique features not provided by Facebook and other popular social media sites. Features like “Hang outs” and “circles” make connecting simple and removes all of the unnecessary, or unwanted, information as determined by you. So whether you are interested in real estate in Fresno, looking to buy or sell a home in the near future or even if you are a small business in Fresno looking to connect with other small businesses… we want to invite you!
If you already have a gmail account or are on YOU TUBE, then you are half way there! Click on the Google+ icon below to join us and get started and to join our circle.
If you are looking to connect on all things Fresno or Real Estate in Fresno, then we invite you to join us!
February 15th, 2012
Homes for Sale Near Clovis North High School
Clovis North High School, the newest of the 5 Clovis high schools, in north Fresno Ca opened in 2007 and continues to be one of the Central Valley’s top schools.
While still growing into its multi-million dollar facilities, there’s been numerous advantages to being the “new school” in the Clovis Unified School system. Clovis North students reported having more opportunities, smaller classes, and better facilities than their previous schools (Fresno Bee, 2011). Clovis North students excelled academically, too, receiving the the highest state scores in the Clovis Unified school system for high school, beating out perennial academic powerhouse Buchanan (API Scores: 877 to 860).
Clovis North Homes for Sale
If you’re looking for a home in the Clovis Unified school system, let us know. We can help you find the ideal Fresno or Clovis home that meets your school needs. Find out how to get started with our 3 Easy Steps to Start the Home Buying Process. Check out our special incentives for Clovis North Sellers and Buyers.
Or for a FREE list of Clovis North School Homes for Sale sent right to your email box, simply complete the form below. Happy house-hunting!
We never sell or give out your information.
February 15th, 2012
The Truth About Your Fresno Home’s Values
Recently I posed the question, “Is the American Dream of Home Ownership Dead?” Many Fresno home owners have seen their primary investment, their home, steadily decline for the last five years. Along with this decline in values has been the demise of their dreams of home ownership. These thoughts led me to wonder, “what is the truth about home values in Fresno and Clovis?” Here are two quick observations about home values in Fresno…
1. Home values very depending on neighborhood and quality. According to a recent article in The Fresno Bee, Home Value collapse hits Fresno area unevenly, says that concerning certain areas of Fresno and Clovis, “The relative drop in value hasn’t been as severe there — 41% in northeast Fresno and 49% in some parts of Clovis, for instance.” Home values and areas in Fresno and Clovis that have been affective the least are in northwest and northeast Fresno, as well as parts of north Clovis. Here is a guide to some of Fresno’s Best Neighborhoods to buy a home. What the below chart does not show or track is the values associated with certain areas and neighborhoods in Fresno/Clovis. For some Fresno home owners who purchased their homes prior to the peak of the market or for those who used conventional loans (10% -20%+ down) the hope of retaining equity/value still exists. So, if you are not planning on moving or selling you are in good shape and should feel confident about the future value of your home.
2. The median sales prices of homes have stayed constant over the last 3 years. In this case no change or no new news is good news. After 3 straight years of dramatic decreases in home values and prices have leveled off a bit. Obviously as stated above in #1 it depends/varies by location and for some neighborhoods, even from street to street. Having said this we are positioned for a great future, if the economy grows, jobs are created locally and we can sell off most of the foreclosure and short sale inventory.
For more information about Fresno and Clovis home values find out below.
Fresno Home Values
February 14th, 2012
What is the “American Dream?”
Recently I wondered to myself (sort of a crisis of belief) “what matters most to me?” Every person in the United States and in every geographic region, across all cultures has been passed down to them a mental picture, or vision, of what the future could/should be. One of the common threads of dreams for the average American is that one day we will own our own home. However, many today find that their home (or “dream”) owns them and has become a nightmare instead. We all have a natural tendency to attach hopes and dreams to the things we deem have “value.” Jesus taught, “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be as well.” So, there is a real danger in attaching too much value to anything material.
Fresno home value’s are 40-70% down from just five years ago and home owners are faced with the difficult decision to hold on to a dream that seems to be dying or let go of their homes and replace that dream with a different picture or vision for their lives. Selfishly, as a Fresno REALTOR I would love for everyone to buy a home (and let me help them!). However, I would caution all of us not to put too much value in something so fragile, like owning anything. What seems to last are things like faith, hope and love.
So, the question is, “what matters most to you? What’s your dream?” Is it still home ownership? Is it something entirely different? Is that dream full of hope for a brighter tomorrow?
We would love to hear from you your thoughts on “The American Dream.” Is it dead or is it changing for the better?
Please share or leave a comment below!
February 10th, 2012
The Honest Truth About the Cost of Selling A Home In Fresno!
No matter the doom and gloom of the economic and political news, most Americans still believe in the value and long term investment of home ownership. Here in Fresno we have no doubt been hit hard by the housing crash and yet have also benefited from a depressed and down market. If you are a home buyer in Fresno right now you are in a great position to make a great long term investment at historically low interest mortgage rates. On the other hand if you are attempting to sell your home in today’s market it can be a gut wrenching endeavor.
The bottom line is that a qualified and knowledgeable REALTOR is your best option for finding the right Fresno home buyer. You will pay a premium for a good REALTOR and yet the truth is that you will have the best opportunity to get your home sold and to navigate this ever changing market. A great REALTOR will help you value and price your home right from day one and market your home aggressively.
Some Fresno and Clovis homeowners opt for the FSBO route. Although this option may appear to save you the most money and give you the most control over pricing and terms, the opposite is typically true. This option tends to take more time and make buyers hesitant to approach sellers with offers. Read the Top 5 Reasons why FSBO’s Don’t Sell.
So what will it cost me to sell my Fresno home?
“Typical” residential Real Estate Brokerage Fees in the Fresno and Clovis area range from 5% – 6% of the purchase price. The basic breakdown looks like this…
Purchase/Sales Price = $250,000 x 5% (2.5% to the listing agent & 2.5% to the selling/buyer’s agent) = $12,500 in commissions.
3 Additional Costs to Consider:
- Title and escrow fees will also apply to the sale of your home. Costs vary but are roughly 1-1.25% of purchase price. Check out Chicago Title for more information about closing costs.
- Buyer Credits. Most buyer’s in today’s market will request closing cost concessions from the seller. Both bank owned homes and short sales will provide up to 3% of the purchase price as a credit to the buyer. Unfortunately, many buyers are short on cash so they will look to offset the cost via the seller. Ouch, I know! This is not required of the seller and a good REALTOR will be able to help negotiate these costs down or out of the deal.
- The time cost. Although this one is hard to measure it is very real. For some sellers who need to sell due to relocation or some other life change or circumstance, this can be the most important.
February 6th, 2012
Why Choose Fresno Real Estate for your Real Estate Needs?
It is no secret that there are a lot… I MEAN A LOTTTTT of real estate companies in the Fresno and Clovis area. And with each company comes a whole lot of real estate agents and a whole host of different styles and company cultures. So, when you are deciding on which company and agent to use for either buying or selling your Fresno/Clovis home, how do you choose? What factors are most important to your final decision? Is it price or fees? Is it reputation?
Although there are many really great REALTORS in Fresno and Clovis, here are the top 3 reasons why we believe so strongly that you should choose us to help you with your next move. Our company prides itself on instilling the following characteristics with our REALTORS.
#1. Honesty/Integrity: Let’s be real for a minute, nobody likes a “salesman.” Meaning no one these days wants to be “sold” or tricked into buying something. However, people are concerned about sharing information and understanding benefits. We are convinced that unless you can trust the person who is representing you, it is hard to make a confident decision with your home. It is absolutely vital that you protect your best interest, which means finding the best people to trust and that others you know trust. Integrity is important!
#2. Hard Working: We value hard work and responding fast! The current real estate market is fast moving and you need a real estate agent that understands the market and stays on top of your project. This means we will communicate with you every step of the way and work hard until your real estate needs are accomplished.
#3. Expertise: You will not only need a Realtor that is honest and hard working but one who knows the market and understands how to get the job done right. Expertise doesn’t = years in real estate. One misconception is that if you have been selling homes for 20+ years you “know” more then any other agent. Although there is some truth in that, real estate, as well as the global and local economies have experienced a massive amount of change over the last few years. What you need is a Fresno Realtor that stays current on trends, the use of technology and can perceive challenges before they come so you close your home on time.
We strive to make buying or selling a home the most stress free process possible!
Contact us below if you have a question or would like to discuss your current real estate needs.
February 2nd, 2012
Fig Garden Homes
Curious about home values in the Fig Garden Village area of northwest Fresno? Maybe you are considering a refinance of your current Fig Garden Village home or maybe you would like to sell and move on to the next home. Well, we can help. Below is a useful tool to find a realistic value of your home. Home’s in the Fig Garden Village area of Fresno range in value from $100k all the way up to $600k+.
There are many reasons to love the Fig Garden area of Fresno. Not only is this area full of historic Fresno charm, including Fresno’s historic Van Ness Boulevard and Christmas Tree Lane, but is also home to some of the most exceptional shopping and dining venues in all of the Central Valley. Find the value of your home or request a FREE list of Fig Garden Village homes for sale.
USE OUR FRESNO HOME VALUE TOOL for your home value questions.
We never sell or give out your information.
SHORT SALE ASSISTANCE
Connect with Us Online
- About Fresno
- Buyer Info
- Fresno Mortgage & Loan Info
- Fresno Neighborhoods
- Fresno Real Estate News
- Fresno Schools
- Moving to Fresno
- Seller Info
- Small Business Spot Light
- Things to Do in Fresno
- Great 4 Bedroom Home for sale in the Buchanan Area!
- Great Home in a Quiet Neighborhood for Sale in Kerman Ca!
- Want to Live in Downtown Fresno? How about Owning on Van Ness Ave?